Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Conference 2019: Saving Hearts and Minds Together highlights
It was wonderful to see everyone who made it to Old Trafford for this year’s CVD prevention conference, with over 480 delegates it was our best attended event yet.
Just one of the highlights from this year’s event was the launch of new national ambitions for CVD.
For those of you who weren’t able to attend the event there is still an opportunity to hear about the National Ambitions. Join Dr Matt Kearney, National Clinical Director for CVD prevention and Prof. Jamie Waterall National Lead for CVD prevention and Deputy Chief Nurse for a call on Wednesday 27 February 2019 1.15 – 2pm.
A few further highlights from this year’s event include:
- British Heart Foundation's art meets science connectivity sculpture and digital white board
- The Academic Health Science Networks illustration of the National Ambitions
- A busy and vibrant market place with a knowledge and intelligence zone, digital zone and the opportunity to engage with a wide range of exhibitors.
- The award winning poster on community services working together to support patients with heart failure by Ruth Pell-Ilderton, Jane Bayley and Janette Brown from East Cheshire NHS Trust for their poster.
- Over 30 presenters over 12 workshops sharing their learning and experience on tackling CVD.
- An afternoon plenary with Pecha Kucha style presentations. Congratulations to Jacob West, Director of Healthcare Innovation, British Heart Foundation for winning delegates votes for the most compelling presentation.
- Over 100 attendees having their blood pressures taken by one of Bolton’s Health Trainers.
You can access presentations and videos from the event here. This year’s event was accredited by the Faculty of Public Health. If you would like a certificate of attendance then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to everybody who made the day such a success.
You can find more information on other conference exhibitors here.