CVD prevention team - roles and responsibilities
Jamie Waterall, national lead for CVD prevention & associate deputy chief nurse
- Aligning and strengthening PHE’s contribution to CVD prevention in England
- Building and strengthening leadership for the NHS Health Check and blood pressure programmes in England
- Providing strategic oversight and management of PHE’s CVD prevention team
- Deputising for PHE’s Chief Nurse, providing visible nurse leadership pertaining to health and wellbeing and community nursing. PHE’s strategic lead for All Our Health
Katherine Thompson, deputy national lead
- Appraising research to inform decisions from the Expert Scientific and Clinical Advisory Panel on changing the content of the NHS Health Check.
- Improving quality by developing and supporting the local use of the NHS Health Check systematic approach to raising standards (StARS) framework and by producing best practice guidance.
- Disseminating learning through the delivery of an annual CVD conference.
- Engaging with third sector partners to enhance the reach of the NHS Health Check programme.
- Evaluating novel and innovative methods of improving NHS Health Check take up and of increasing blood pressure self-monitoring.
Slade Carter, deputy national lead
- Leading on PHE’s national data extraction of NHS Health Check data
- Aligning and strengthening agency-wide contributions on cardiovascular disease through the cardiovascular disease working group
- Leading on the CVD prevention team’s business planning and reporting
- Stocktake of PHE’s contributions to CVD prevention in England
- Blood pressure system leadership board
- Information governance and data flow guidance
- National steering group
Dr Matt Kearney, GP and national clinical director for CVD Prevention
- Supporting the NHS to improve secondary prevention of CVD through improved detection and management of high risk conditions such as high blood pressure, atrial fibrillation and high cholesterol.
- Supporting development and roll out of NHS RightCare CVD Prevention Pathways.
- Collaborating with British Heart Foundation to build local CVD Communities of Practice.
- Developing resources to support improved CVD prevention
Hannah Rees, senior support manager (Meritxell Rosell from 28/11/16 to 31/05/16)
- NHS Health Check Competence and training
- Local Implementer National Forum (LINF)
- NHS Health Check Marketing and Branding, including One You
- NHS Health Check and blood pressure content on NHS Choices
- Blood pressure Evidence into Action review
- NHS Health Check Health Equity Audit Guidance
Catherine Lagord, data analyst
- Quarterly NHS Health Check data returns from local authorities (official statistics standards).
- Health Profile and Longer Lives tools
- National data extraction
- Data intelligence and information governance sub-group
- Heart age tool
- Bridge between the chief knowledge officer and health and wellbeing for issues relating to information governance, modelling, dataset development and intelligence
Susannah Robinson, digital coordinator
- NHS Health Checks digital work stream
- Digital hypertension work in Cheshire and Merseyside
- Focal point between PHE and the WHO-ITU joint initiative “Be He@lthy, Be Mobile”
Polly Kwok, support manager
- Best Practice guidance
- NHS healthy workforce pilot
- Regional and centre leads meetings
- Lead for webinars
- Collect and submit the quarterly local authority data reports
Jennifer Ankrah, operational support administrator
- PA to national lead
- Administrative support for the CVD prevention team
- E-bulletin publication
- Blood pressure resource hub
- Patient information leaflets